While I absolutely love designer beauty products and believe that there are certain items that I don’t like to skimp on (perfume and face serum in particular) I have a few Holy Grail drugstore beauty products that always find their way back into my beauty routine time and time again.
- Soap and Glory’s Sugar Crush Body Wash– I was so excited when I walked into Walgreens and saw the Soap and Glory display, their products have the cutest packaging and I had been really excited to try them. When I first smelled the Sugar Crush Body Wash I was a little unsure about how sweet the product smells, super sugary foods can sometimes turn me off, so the sugary scent was something I was weary of before I bought this product. Obviously the scent has grown on me because I look forward to using this body wash when I shower, it lathers nicely and leaves your skin feeling moisturized. The scent elicits good feelings and feels like you are bathing in a Margarita glass, and who wouldn’t love that?!
- Say Yes to Carrots– This is one of the best facial cleansers I have ever used, it trumps a lot of pricey facial cleansers that I have tried from places like Sephora, and ULTA. Keep in mind, just because this cleanser works well for me does not necessarily mean that it will have the same results on your skin.* I have combination skin, so depending on the day I can be combating oil and grease, or dry patchiness, which sometimes makes choosing products tricky. I have picked up skincare products hoping to combat that month’s greasy skin, only to completely dry out my face, leaving me with red irritated skin… It’s not very pretty. Also, I am constantly fighting off acne, especially in my chin area, which my dermatologist explained is an area that indicates hormonal acne. I was uncertain of the Say Yes to Carrots facial cleanser at first glance because it was a cream based cleanser instead of a clear cleanser. I had only used clear cleansers in the past. After my first wash my skin had that tight, clean, shiny look (anybody else know what I’m talking about? haha!) I’ll usually rotate in a different face wash in between each bottle of Say Yes to Carrots I go through, I think my skin gets used to face cleansers after a while so I like to change it up. *This cleanser is similar and amazing as well.
- Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit foaming Scrub– This scrub is one of my favorite skin exfoliating products! Funny story, in college when I first tried this product I instantly saw results after the first use. My skin was glowing and people were complimenting how shiny and luminous I looked, not lying! I was obsessed and continued to wash my face with the scrub (morning and night) for the rest of the week. Never exfoliate your skin that many times in a week, ever! By the end of the week my skin was rubbed raw and my shiny luminous glow was replaced by dull, flaky, red splotches… Compliments of glowing skin were replaced with the comment “are you okay, what happened?” I asked my friends, why the heck is this product making my skin look horrible, are you not supposed to exfoliate your skin every day or something?? “Duh!” Was the collective response. I do however still use this product, but just once or twice a week. I usually use it every Sunday and sometimes on Wednesday’s. It is still an incredible product, just be careful.
- Eos Lip Balm Ball– I love this stinking lip balm so much! If you haven’t tried it yet, try it! The balm leaves your lips feeling smooth and hydrated, I always keep one in my purse. Also, I’m a sucker for packaging so there are no surprises that the cute shape of this lip balm is part of my obsession with it.
- Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser– This concealer has worked wonders for me. I have not found a high end concealer that works as well as the Maybeline age rewind Eraser. My favorite part about it is how flawlessly it blends due to the special sponge tip applicator. I’ve also begun to notice that a lot of makeup artists (who have very high end products in their kits) now carry this concealer as well!
- No 7 Beautiful Skin Toner– I was so excited when I discovered that my local Walgreens now carries another new brand, No 7 brand of skincare products. The lady helping me pick out a toner at the store informed me that No 7 has been a huge skincare line in the UK for years. I decided to give their toner a go because I had recently gone through a slew of name brand, pricier, toners that left me unimpressed with lighter pockets. I have been so impressed with this toner and Josh has too, he sometimes sneaks into my skincare stash to give things a try, ha! Hey, guys should focus on their skin too 😉. The toner that I tried is for dry to very dry skin and I noticed that they also carry a toner for oily skin. As one who has a combination skin type, toners usually irritate my skin, so I decided to try the one made for drier skin and it has worked wonders. The toner has kept my skin clean without the irritation.
- Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel- You may be thinking to yourself right now, what the heck… Savannah’s getting a little too personal with us right now… Think again! I discovered on Pinterest that this Chafing Relief powder is a great dupe for the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, which I consider to be one of my main stay makeup products. This chafing gel is incredibly close to Smash Box’s primer. I will say that the Smash Box primer has a more silicone feeling but maybe that’s me making things up. You try and decide 😃.
- CeraVe Face Lotion– This is a fantastic option for a face moisturizer if you are looking to save money. My dermatologist recommended CeraVe face lotion to me when I was in high school and it has been under my counter ever since. It is lightweight with no scent which I like and it leaves my skin soft and smooth without clogging my pores.
- Ocean Potion Everglow Daily Moisturizer– This is a great body moisturizer that also provides a very subtle tan. I really love this product for the fall and winter months when a spray tan feels a little unnatural, but I also prefer to not look like a corpse walking in the broad daylight. The smell is also nice considering that this is technically a tanning product which usually smell funky.